Dog Boarding Base Rate
$52/Day for one dog
$45/Day/Dog for two or more dogs
- Morning let-out between 6:00 and 6:30AM
- Feeding at 6:30AM
- Daycare from 6:30AM-4:00PM
- Potty and feeding at 5:00PM
- Potty and cuddle time with staff until 8:00PM
Also included: Mental enrichment in the form of meals fed in food toys or frozen Kongs, a daily text message/photo if requested, and a complimentary bath at the end of their stay (if staying longer than 4 days) - must be requested. Other grooming services are an additional charge.
Dogs are currently boarded in crates. However, our goal is to get them out of the crates as much as possible during the day so that their experience during their stay keeps them active, happy, and joyful. We find that the vast majority of dogs are not only comfortable in their crates, but also very much ready for bed for bedtime - they get tired being busy all day!
Dog Boarding for Individual Play/Special Small Groups/Puppies
$10/day/dog added to the boarding base rate
We do allow dogs who cannot be in full daycare groups for a variety of reasons to board overnight. Dogs who are unable to be in a full daycare group, or who cannot be with any other dogs for any reason, or who are puppies who need to be in the puppy program get 1:1 attention from our staff.
Some dogs are comfortable playing with one or two other dogs, but not a full group of dogs. Other dogs would prefer to be on their own completely. For dogs who can play with a few other dogs, we try to create small groups just for those dogs, but those groups are separate from our daycare groups.
Dogs who need 1:1 care get walks, long-leash walks, individual play in our fenced yards, and plenty of cuddle time with humans! These dogs also often get to spend time lounging in our office area with staff, which they seem to enjoy the most. 🙂
Dogs who are in these programs do rest more during the day, but they still get out and get plenty of mental and physical enrichment throughout the day. Our goal is to ensure that each dog we care for is getting the best possible care for their individual needs, and sometimes this means that group play is not the best thing for them!
Our goal is to include as many enrichment, socialization opportunities, exercise opportunities, and human interactions as possible during your dog’s stay. However, we also recognize that some dogs may need even more exercise or mental enrichment than they would get during the day. Therefore, we do offer a couple of add-on items that you can do as often as you’d like during your dog’s stay. We may continue to incorporate additional add-on services over time as well, so please ask us if there’s something you’re interested in that is not listed below.
These enrichment walks are already included in the care of any individual play/special small group dogs we care for. If your dog is in a daycare group but you would like to have an individual long-leash walk as an additional form of enrichment, you may request them as many days/times as you would like during their stay for an additional fee.
- 30-minute walk: $30
- We require a card on file to confirm any boarding stay.
- An assessment day is required a minimum of 10 days prior to any boarding stay for new clients. If new clients are unable to fit an assessment in or need a short-notice boarding arrangement, we may not be able to accommodate the request.
- There is a $52 non-refundable deposit to confirm a boarding stay, which will be applied toward the balance of the stay. This fee is in place because if you reserve a spot for boarding, we may deny others a boarding reservation if we are full. If your boarding stay is cancelled, it means someone else may have been denied service. Holiday and busy season deposits may be more (ex: Thanksgiving, Spring Break, Fourth of July, Christmas, New Years)
- ALL meals must be pre-bagged or pre-packaged in containers prior to boarding or we will charge a $5 fee because we will do it for you whether you do it or not. It makes our staff's lives easier if food is pre-portioned, and it ensures your dog is fed the correct amount. Even if your dog is free-fed, please bag an appropriate amount of food per meal. Canned food can also be pre-bagged or put in separate containers for each meal, and it can be pre-mixed with kibble if needed.
- We do not provide refunds for early pick-ups. Again, your dog is holding a kennel space and this may mean others are turned away for boarding. We also plan our staffing around who is boarding and who is in daycare.
- Drop-off/pick-up times must be planned in advance. Boarding is charged as one day and one overnight of care. One night stays will be charged either a half day or full day of daycare for the second day to accommodate for that day's care. If your dog is staying multiple nights with us, the boarding rate covers each day and each overnight, except the very last day of their stay. The last day will be charged either as a half or full day of daycare depending on pick-up time, again to accommodate that last day of care for your dog.
- We do not allow drop-offs or pick-ups on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day. Dogs who need boarding on these holidays must arrive the day before and leave the day after.
- Drop-off times must be scheduled before NOON on your dog's drop-off day. Dogs must be picked up on pick-up day between 7am and 6pm.
- You must bring enough of your dog’s food and/or medications along for the duration of their stay. If we run out of your dog’s food, we will provide Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain formula kibble for your dog at a rate of $5/day.
- All planned boarding fees must be paid in full upon drop-off. Weekend or holiday stays must be paid in advance the business day prior to the stay.
- You must provide us with your contact information, your veterinarian’s contact information, an alternative local contact, and you must sign our waiver which gives us permission to take your dog to our chosen vet in the event of an emergency. Any veterinary fees incurred will be added to your account and will be due upon pick-up unless the reason for the vet visit was specifically due to negligence on our part. Injuries that happen during play, walks, or during normal interactions with staff or the environment are not considered negligent on our part and are a risk you take when bringing your dog to a daycare/boarding facility.
- You must provide proof of your dog’s vaccination records for, at a minimum, a current rabies, distemper, and Bordetella vaccine. We also recommend the canine influenza vaccine.
- You are responsible for flea and tick treatment prior to boarding, and are responsible for keeping your dog up-to-date on heartworm preventative.
- All dogs will be given a minor physical examination upon check-in, including a check for fleas, ticks, lumps or bumps, ears, gums, etc. If we see any concerns, we will discuss them with you. Laughing Dogs reserves the right to deny any dog we feel may be dangerous to staff, other dogs, or other humans, or that we feel is not healthy enough to board. If your dog has an illness that you are aware of that may become exacerbated during their stay due to stress or other factors (i.e. a heart condition, seizure condition, auto-immune disease, etc) you MUST notify us upon drop-off, and you must agree that we will not be held responsible for any exacerbations of these conditions while your dog is staying with us.
- Laughing Dogs always does our best to reduce stress on all dogs in our care, and we will make reasonable accommodations for dogs who are stressed about being here. However, we reserve the right to deny or make alternative recommendations for any dog(s) that we feel may become overly stressed to a point where they would be a danger to themselves or others.
- Our goal at Laughing Dogs is to provide a fun, safe, and enriching experience for all dogs in our care. Therefore, if we feel your dog would not be a good fit for our facility, we will be honest with you about it and we appreciate clients who respect our decisions on this. We always make these decisions based on what we feel is best for your dog, our staff, and the other dogs in our care.